Vancouver Sch. Dist.
Emergency Messages as of 7:27 pm, Wed. May. 12
No information currently posted.
Subscribe to receive FlashAlert messages from Vancouver Sch. Dist.
Primary email address for a new account:

And/or follow our FlashAlerts via Twitter

About FlashAlert on Twitter:

FlashAlert utilizes the free service Twitter to distribute emergency text messages. While you are welcome to register your cell phone text message address directly into the FlashAlert system, we recommend that you simply "follow" the FlashAlert account for Vancouver Sch. Dist. by clicking on the link below and logging in to (or creating) your free Twitter account. Twitter sends messages out exceptionally fast thanks to arrangements they have made with the cell phone companies.

Click here to add Vancouver Sch. Dist. to your Twitter account or create one.


Hide this Message

Manage my existing Subscription

News Release
Submit request to transfer into or out of Vancouver Public Schools - 04/28/21

Starting May 3 at 7 a.m., parents and guardians may request that their child transfer into or out of Vancouver Public Schools for the 2021-22 school year.

Leaving VPS
Parents who live in VPS’ boundaries but want their child to attend a school in another school district, including online programs such as WAVA or Insight, should fill out the out-of-district choice transfer form. Once the form is completed, the requested district will be notified. 

Families who move out of the district should visit their child’s school, if possible, to withdraw. Alternately, they can contact the school by phone or email or ask their new school to initiate the withdrawal process.

Entering VPS
Parents who live outside of VPS’ boundaries but want their child to attend a school in the district should complete a PDF out-of-district choice transfer form and email it to the school district that serves their address. That district will notify VPS of the request. Within 45 days, parents can expect to hear whether the request is approved.

Get the PDF form and email addresses, as well as see more details about the process, at

Please note that requests are valid for only one school year. 

Questions? Please visit the district website or contact the student welfare and attendance department at 360-313-1330 or

View more news releases from Vancouver Sch. Dist..