Longview Police & Fire
Emergency Messages as of 12:35 pm, Sun. Sep. 22
No information currently posted. Operating as usual.
Subscribe to receive FlashAlert messages from Longview Police & Fire. Please use any browser other than Internet Explorer.
Primary email address for a new account:

Emergency Alerts News Releases  


Manage my existing Subscription

News Release
Unattended Cooking Ignites Mobile Home - 09/08/19

Longview, WA – Firefighters were dispatched to the scene of a structure fire at 326 Oregon Way in Longview at 2:36 PM Sunday.  During the response, dispatch advised that they were receiving multiple 911 calls about an explosion and smoke coming from a mobile home in space 46 at that location. 

Fire crews arrived on scene at 2:41 PM and the fire was under control at 2:44 PM.  A search determined that the home was not occupied.  No injuries were reported.  The home is not inhabitable due to smoke damage; it was not insured.     

The occupant, Ron McCall, said that he had placed some food on the stove and then went outside to move a vehicle.  When he returned, smoke was coming from the home and neighbors called 911. 

“Cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and the leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking”, said Battalion Chief Eric Koreis.  “If you have to leave the kitchen, turn off the stove”.   

View more news releases from Longview Police & Fire.