City of Gresham
Emergency Messages as of 9:02 am, Mon. Jun. 24
No information currently posted.
Subscribe to receive FlashAlert messages from City of Gresham.
Primary email address for a new account:

And/or follow our FlashAlerts via Twitter

About FlashAlert on Twitter:

FlashAlert utilizes the free service Twitter to distribute emergency text messages. While you are welcome to register your cell phone text message address directly into the FlashAlert system, we recommend that you simply "follow" the FlashAlert account for City of Gresham by clicking on the link below and logging in to (or creating) your free Twitter account. Twitter sends messages out exceptionally fast thanks to arrangements they have made with the cell phone companies.

Click here to add City of Gresham to your Twitter account or create one.


Hide this Message

Manage my existing Subscription

News Release
**UPDATE** Gresham Firefighters Injured During Incident Response (Photo) - 06/10/24

Update as of June 11 - As the Gresham Fire Department has received multiple requests for an update on injured firefighter, Spencer Tejedas, Chief Lewis will be conducting interviews on Tuesday, June 11 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Station 71, 1333 Northwest Eastman Parkway. Please note that out of respect for the family’s privacy, it will only be Chief Lewis offering interviews at this time.

Update as of June 3 - Firefighter Spencer Tejedas remains in critical but stable condition.  He is tentatively scheduled for surgery today, Monday, June 3. The family wants to express their thanks for the outpouring of support they have received from the community. There are no further updates at this time. 

Original message:

GRESHAM, Ore. – At approximately 9 p.m. on Thursday, May 30, Gresham Fire Department and Portland Fire and Rescue responded to the reports of a duplex on fire at the 1300 block of Southeast 182nd Street. Due to the quick work of the responding crews, the fire was able to be contained to a single duplex unit and no civilians were injured.  

This was a complex response as the nature of the fire evolved rapidly. During the incident, three Gresham Firefighters sustained injuries and were transported to the Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. Two of the Firefighters have been treated and released. However, Firefighter Spencer Tejedas remains hospitalized at this time.  

Firefighter Tejedas suffered severe burns on over 45% of his body. He is sedated and intubated at the Oregon Burn Center and is considered to be in critical condition.  

“Incidents of this nature are a harrowing reminder that despite our best efforts with robust training and protective gear just how dangerous the job of a firefighter is,” said Gresham Fire Chief Scott Lewis. “Our hearts go out to the entire Tejedas family.” 

The Gresham Fire Department would like to ask that the privacy of the Tejedas family be respected during this challenging time. All media inquiries can be sent to as the Gresham Fire Department will be speaking on the family’s behalf at this time.  

After further investigation, it has been determined that the fire was accidental and caused by an unattended candle.  



View more news releases from City of Gresham.