Bend Fire & Rescue
Emergency Messages as of 12:30 pm, Thu. Jan. 20
No information currently posted.
News Release
Cooking Fire at Crest Butte Apartments - 01/14/22

At 7:55 am this morning, Bend Fire & Rescue was dispatched to a report of smoke alarms sounding in an apartment at the Crest Butte Apartments, 1695 NE Purcell Blvd.  A neighbor had called in, and stated no one answered the door in the apartment where the alarms were sounding.  On arrival, smoke was seen through the window and the response upgraded to a structure fire call.  Crews were able to awaken the occupant, who was sleeping on the couch, and he removed the pan from the stove and opened the door.  The fire was confined to the pan on the stove, fire crews helped clear a moderate amount of smoke from the apartment.  The resident was not displaced by the incident.  

Cooking is the number one cause of home fires and home injuries.  Bend Fire & Rescue would like to remind the community to never leave anything on the stove unattended, keep anything that can burn away from the cook top, and never cook if you're sleepy or under the influence of alcohol or medications that could make you drowsy.  For more home fire safety tips, visit our website at https://www.bendoregon.gov/government/departments/fire-rescue/education-safety-tips.

View more news releases from Bend Fire & Rescue .