Bend Fire & Rescue
Emergency Messages as of 1:34 am, Sat. Nov. 27
No information currently posted.
News Release
Credit Bend Fire
Credit Bend Fire
House fire at 61803 SE Rolo Ct 11-19-21 - 11/19/21

Bend Fire Department responded at 11:03 this morning to a reported garage fire. Fire crews found a small fire in the garage of the house and were able to quickly extinguish it. The family of three were out of the house and safe when we arrived. By the quick actions of the occupants and getting 911 called as quickly as they did, we were able to get on scene before the fire was able to spread out of the garage. The damage was limited to $15,000. The family who lived in the rental had renters insurance and they were able to find a hotel room for a few nights until the home was livable again. 

The fire was caused by a wick used to light smoking materials being left unattended near combustibles on a shelf. The occupant went back inside and the combustibles ignited. Be sure to always fully extinguish any smoking materials before leaving the room. All spent smoking material should be placed into a non-combustible container when done and disposed of after they are cold to the touch. 

https://www.bendoregon.gov/government/departments/fire-rescue/safety-tips-emergency-preparedness/year-round-safety-tips 

Attached Media Files: Credit Bend Fire
View more news releases from Bend Fire & Rescue .