Bend Fire & Rescue
Emergency Messages as of 6:53 pm, Fri. Oct. 15
No information currently posted.
News Release
Structure Fire on 21651 Dale Road - 10/09/21

Bend Fire and Rescue responded to a reported structure fire in the Boones Borough sub-division on Dale Rd yesterday evening.  On arrival fire crews found a portion of the roof on fire on a single family dwelling.  The fire was quickly extinguished by fire crews and caused about 3,000 dollars in damage.  

The cause of the fire was an ember that escaped the chimney and landed on the wood shake roof.  The fire was turned in by the owner of the property and damage was kept to a minimum.  

Bend Fire and Rescue would like to remind people to keep their roofs clean of debris such as pine needles and leaves. The drier weather has made this debris suitable for ignition from an escaped ember.  Please ensure that your spark arrestor is in tact.  When its time to replace your roof consider a fire resistive roof as a replacement.  

View more news releases from Bend Fire & Rescue .