Active Aging Week is Coming Soon! - 09/17/15
Active Aging Week, the annual health promotion event for adults over 50 years organized by International Council on Active Aging(R), will be held from Sunday, Sept. 27 - Saturday, Oct 3, 2015.
The City of Tualatin will hold FREE health and wellness program(s) for older adults during Active Aging Week. All activities below are held at the Juanita Pohl Center (8513 SW Tualatin Rd) unless otherwise indicated.
* Pickleball, Sunday 9:00am (Tualatin Community Park)
* SilverSneakers?NLG? Classic, Monday/Wednesday/Friday 10:00am
* Chair Yoga, Monday/Wednesday 11:00am
* SilverSneakers?NLG? Circuit, Tuesday/Thursday 1:00pm
* Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance, Tuesday/Thursday 2:00pm
* A Will is NOT Enough in Oregon, Tuesday 7:00pm (Tualatin Public Library)
* Tualatin Bicycle Club, Wednesday 9:00am
* Senior Moments, Wednesday 11:30am-12:30pm
* Eat Your Greens to Fit Into Your Jeans, Wednesday 12:30pm
* Grays Walking Club, Thursday 9:00am
* 3rd Annual Oktoberfest, Friday 3:00pm
* Line Dance, Friday 7:00pm
* Pickleball, Saturday 10:00am (Tualatin Community Park)
Active Aging Week was initiated by the International Council on Active Aging to promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle on a national scale. During the week, organizations provide single or multiple activities, free to older adults, to share the active-aging message and showcase their age-friendly wellness programs. The goal of Active Aging Week is to give as many older adults as possible the means to experience activities and exercise in a safe, friendly and fun atmosphere.