Lebanon Fire District
Emergency Messages as of 12:57 pm, Wed. Nov. 22
No information currently posted. Operating as usual.
Subscribe to receive FlashAlert messages from Lebanon Fire District. Please use any browser other than Internet Explorer.
Primary email address for a new account:

Emergency Alerts News Releases  
And/or follow our FlashAlerts via Twitter

About FlashAlert on Twitter:

FlashAlert utilizes the free service Twitter to distribute emergency text messages. While you are welcome to register your cell phone text message address directly into the FlashAlert system, we recommend that you simply "follow" the FlashAlert account for Lebanon Fire District by clicking on the link below and logging in to (or creating) your free Twitter account. Twitter sends messages out exceptionally fast thanks to arrangements they have made with the cell phone companies.

Click here to add Lebanon Fire District to your Twitter account or create one.

Hide this Message


Manage my existing Subscription

News Releases
Heavily damaged kitchen.
Heavily damaged kitchen.
Lebanon Man Hospitalized Following House Fire; Dog Perishes In Fire (Photo) - 11/16/17

Fire investigators have determined that the refrigerator inside of a home at 1206 Cascade Drive in Lebanon was the cause of a fire which destroyed most of the home, killed the family dog, and sent one male occupant to the hospital with burns and smoke inhalation on Monday afternoon. Ronald Fields, 55, was asleep in his bedroom with the door closed at the time of the fire. He awoke to a strange smell and when he opened his bedroom door the entire hallway was charged with thick black smoke. Fields attempted to exit the home but was forced back into the bedroom by the intense smoke and heat. A second attempt proved successful and he was able to escape the flames building within the fully involved kitchen, however the family's pet dog succumbed to the smoke and was discovered by firefighters during the suppression effort.

Fields' daughter Stacy Heyne, 31 of Lebanon, was also in the home with her infant son at the time of the fire and called 911 to report a fire in the kitchen. The Lebanon Fire District was notified at 1:58 p.m. and the first unit arrived just 3 minutes later. Heavy fire was reported from the rear of the structure and firefighters deployed hose lines to the rear of the house to attack the blaze. Mr. Fields was cared for by LFD firefighter/paramedics until a medic unit arrived and transported him to Lebanon Community Hospital. 21 firefighters were on scene for 2 hours and 24 minutes.

On Tuesday six members of the Lebanon Fire Investigation Team spent roughly 4 hours investigating the fire and were assisted by a Deputy State Fire Marshal from the Oregon State Fire Marshal's Office and two members of the Oregon State Police. Evidence showed that the fire started in the back of the refrigerator near the motor and compressor and spread up the wall to the kitchen cabinetry and a nearby table used as a printer stand. Once it became well established, the fire quickly consumed more room contents and caused the nearby sliding glass door to fail, introducing more oxygen to the fire and intensifying the blaze.

The Lebanon Fire District credits the closed door of the bedroom with saving Mr. Fields' life and reminds citizens to always sleep with their doors closed to prevent deadly smoke and toxic gasses from entering their sleeping areas. House fire fatalities rarely occur from burns but are almost always a result of asphyxiation and smoke inhalation. Just one breath of super-heated smoke and gasses can lead to unconsciousness and ultimately death. It is also recommended to periodically clean the dust and grease build up from kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, ovens, and ranges. For more information on how to protect yourself from fire in the home or for a free home fire and life safety evaluation contact the Lebanon Fire District at 541-451-1901.

*** For updates on large scale incidents within the Lebanon Fire District, follow us on Twitter: @LebanonFD ***

LFD responds to a house fire - 11/13/17

The Lebanon Fire District was dispatched to a report of a house on fire on Cascade Dr. One person from the residence was transported to a local hospital.
Crews are still on scene extinguishing hot spots. Please avoid the area. Information will be updated when possible.

Photo_1.jpg
Photo_1.jpg
Lebanon Fire District battles a second alarm fire (Photo) - 11/04/17

Lebanon Fire District battles a second alarm rural fire. The fire was reported by the land owner at 2:00pm. The first arriving engine quickly called the second alarm to ensure adequate personnel and water arrived to extinguish the fire. The fire consumed a manufactured home and a large "A" frame car port. It took thirteen firefighters almost two hours to extinguish the fire. Fire crews kept the fire from spreading to brush and trees that were very close to the buildings. There we no civilian or firefighter injuries.

Attached Media Files: Photo_1.jpg
IMG_5811.JPG
IMG_5811.JPG
Early Morning Fire Guts Lebanon Mini Mart (Photo) - 10/30/17

An undetected fire tore through the C & R Mini Mart Monday morning destroying the small convenience store outside of Lebanon near Waterloo. Firefighters received the call for flames coming from the rear of the market at 31054 Santiam Highway just before 5:00 a.m. and arrived to find the small market fully engulfed in flames.

"Due to the large amount of fire within the small structure our crews knocked down the majority of the fire from outside of the structure before moving in to extinguish the rest of the fire." said LFD Division Chief Jason Bolen. The fire was under control within a matter of minutes, but crews remained on scene past 7:00 a.m. mopping up and overhauling the structure.
The business owners live on the same property roughly 50 feet from the store but there was no damage to their home. The store had been secured since 10:00 p.m. last night when the owner closed for the business day. There were no injuries to any civilians or firefighters and the property was insured according the owner.

Members of the LFD Fire Investigation Team conducted an investigation on Monday morning to determine the origin and cause of the fire. The investigation found the fire to be accidental in nature and likely caused by an electrical malfunction of operating equipment. Anyone with information regarding this fire is encouraged to contact Deputy Fire Marshal Ken Foster at 541-451-1901.

*** For HD photos of this and other LFD incidents visit our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/LebanonFireDistrict/ ***

*** For HD video of this and other LFD incidents visit our YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjTxDBuPbD3DPAybCkCgEvg ***

*** Follow LFD on Twitter for breaking information: https://twitter.com/LebanonFD ***

Attached Media Files: IMG_5811.JPG